i woke up yesterday with lfo’s “summertime girls" stuck in my head. and before you do anything else in life, you should probably go watch that video…it’s full of interesting facts like "there was a good man named paul revere" and "billy shakespeare wrote a whole buncha sonnets."
anyway, i made this springtime mix as an apology to myself and the universe. at first i just wanted it to be sugar ray’s “fly” 12 times in a row, but i’m saving that for my summer mix.
1. toucans - oaxaca
2. metronomy - the look
3. bear hands - crime pays
4. why? - by torpedo or crohn’s
5. you can be a wesley - old in florida
6. foreign born - that old sun
7. phillip oskar augustine - internal combustion
8. toro y moi - leave everywhere
9. richard swift - lady luck
10. (the) tony castles - black girls in dresses
11. magic magic - squid hunt
12. ducktails - killin’ the vibe
click the picture to download. or here. or here.
oh, and that’s a picture i took of my little sister’s dog. what a goob.